TP-Link router setup
TP-Link is one of the most trusted names in the manufacturing of the networking and wireless communication devices like the routers, modems, power supply adapters, range repeaters and the Ethernet cords etc. TP-Link delivers one of the most efficient wireless routers to its customers that have a better Wi-Fi range and connection speed. TP-link routers and modems can be set up and configured quite easily within few minutes of your time. TP-Link made the router configuration very convenient and time-saving by providing its users the web address www.tplinkwifi.net so that they don’t have to face any hassles or issues while the TP-Link wireless router modem configuration.
Some of the most efficient TP-Link routers
TP-Link AD7200 Tri-Band routers
TP-Link TL-ER604W VPN router
TP Archer C5200 Tri-Band router
TP-Link AC2600 Dual-band wireless router
TP-Link Archer series devices are one of the best wireless routers from the TP-Link brand. TP-Link Archer C5200 Tri-Band wireless routers are one of the best working and durable routers. The tri-band technology renders the combined speed of more than 1gbps speed over the network.
TP-Link router configuration via tplinkwifi.net
The TP-Link router users had to face a lot of trouble while logging in to their routers through the default IP address of the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 as this numerical address was quite complex to remember and the users often enter the wrongly spelled IP address in the URL bar of the browser. Then TP-Link gifted its users the web address http://tplinkwifi.net for accessing the router setup dashboard.
Here in this section, we will guide you through the setting up and configuration process of the TP-Link wireless routers. Just go through our detailed guide about the router set up.
- Open the TP-Link wireless router from its content packaging and the enclosed contents in it.
- Now, connect your TP-Link wireless router to the WAN port of your PC through the Ethernet cable of RJ45 standard provided with it.
- Switch on the power supply of the router through the power supply adapter connected to it and wait for the lights on the router to get stable or turn solid green or yellow.
- Now, open the web browser of your PC and enter the web address tplinkwifi.net in the URL bar of the browser and hit enter. If this link is unable to get you to the home page of the router, then try to enter the web portal through the default IP address of the router i.e. 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1.
- You will be asked to specify the default username and the password of the router which is by default values for the credentials.
- Upon accessing the home page of the router set up, looks out for the Internet WAN tab and selects the connection method type from the list of available connection types. Remember to select the PPPoE connection type.
- You can also customize the internet login password for the router by clicking on the security settings tab on the home page of the router portal.
- Follow the rest of the instructions carefully on your screen and keep on filling all the details wherever you are required to and you are ready to use your router.
- Click on the save and apply changes tab. Then after the click, the Reboot tab and all the new settings will be written and saved on your router.
Note- The reboot process at the end should never be interrupted in any case as it can lead to the corruption of firmware of the router and your router can be rendered useless if the firmware is corrupted.
Resetting the TP-Link router
Although the TP-Link routers are much reliable and efficient in their use but still sometimes the routers malfunction or get hanged or there can be some other issues with the router that are quite natural.
You can reset the router through one of the two basic methods
Reset through the Reset button
Reset through the web interface of the router
Resetting through the reset button
Resetting the router with the reset button is the easiest and the most time-saving method of resetting the TP-Link wireless router. Follow the below-mentioned article about this method of router reset.
Just press the reset button on the back of the router with the help of a pinpointed object and hold the button pressed for at least 10 seconds. All the lights on the display panel of the router will go off and on and the configuration settings on it will be erased like the user details and the internet service provider’s credentials.
Resetting the router through the web-based interface
Resetting the router through is also not that tough. However, it takes a bit more time as compared to reset through the reset button. The detailed instructions for the router reset are described below.
- Assuming that you are still connected to the router network, and you want to reset it through the web interface of the router.
- Open the web browser and enter the address www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar of it and proceed.
- Authenticate and access the homepage of the router with the default username and the password or whatever you have set.
- Now, after accessing the homepage, look out for the Admin tab and click on it. Then click on the Router tab and then select the Reset tab.
- Your router will be rebooted automatically and the router will restart itself. This process will erase all the settings written in its memory.
Important- It is very important to note that after you reset your router, all the settings written on the router memory will be erased within seconds of time and you will have to reconfigure your router with the new settings all over again.
TP-Link router firmware
The firmware of the router of the TP-Link routers acts as an interface between the users and the device. The firmware of the TP-Link routers is much efficient and the users need not worry about the security issues of their routers. The firmware of the router is software that is a communication medium between the users and the router and the computer.
Updating the TP-Link router firmware
Updating the firmware of the TP-Link router firmware is quite an important yet easy process. The users can easily update the firmware of the router by just following the firmware update process.
Below are the instructions you need to follow for the successful router firmware update process.
- First of all, you will need to download the correct firmware update for your concerned router model from the TP-Link website.
- From the support portal of the TP-Link website, download the firmware of the router from the Download center and save the update file in a particular location of your choice.
- Now, open the web browser of your computer and access the web address www.routerlogin.net and enter the username and the password for router login.
- Now, look out for the Admin tab in the homepage and then click on the router firmware tab and then click on the update tab.
- On clicking the update tab, you will be asked to specify the location of the update file where you have saved it in the PC.
- Double click or select and open the update file to run the update or upload process. The update process will start automatically and wait for few minutes until the router reboots itself and gets on again.
Note- It is very important to note that the router firmware update process shouldn’t be interrupted in any case. If the update process is interrupted in any case, then the firmware of the router can get corrupt and the router can malfunction or even get useless.
Some important frequently asked questions answered
What if I am not able to log in to the router through tplinkwifi.net?
TP-Link created the web domain tplinkwifi.net only for the convenience of its users so that they don’t have to face any issue while configuring the router. However, if you are not able to log in to the router through this address just try to access through the default IP address i.e.192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
Where can I find the IP address of the router?
The default IP address of the router is usually printed on the label pasted underneath the body of the router. Some of the other details like the device serial numbers etc. are also printed on it.
How to reset the TP-Link wireless router?
The TP-Link wireless router can be easily reset through one of the two methods.
Reset through the reset button
Reset through the web interface of the router
Reset through the reset button- resetting the router by the reset button is the quickest and easiest method of resetting your TP-Link wireless routers. Just press the reset button of the router given on the back panel of the router and hold it for at least 10 seconds and all the settings will be erased from the wireless router.
What to do if I forgot the router login password?
If you have forgotten the password for your router login passkey, you don’t need to panic. Just go with the reset procedure as described above. Resetting the router will delete all the credentials stored in its memory and you will have to configure your router with new settings all again and set up the new login username and password.
How to connect your router to the computer via the Ethernet cable?
The Ethernet cable connection wired method of connection is the most reliable method of connection as it is safe and secure also. Just connect the router to the WAN port of the computer through an Ethernet cable.